Intronaut — Visit Danny 's website
Danny Walker has achieved a notable reputation as being one of the most versatile session drummers in extreme and heavy music today.
Known for his technicality and creativity. Danny demonstrates not only his ability to pummel with power and speed, but to articulate with dynamic and finesse. Danny has played on over 20 records and toured 5 continents. Endorsements include; Meinl cymbals, Vater drumsticks and Aquarian drum heads.
Danny was born in Santa Monica, CA December 25th 1981 and was raised in Camarillo, CA. Danny grew up in a musical family. After banging on his mothers pots and pans in his infancy stage, Danny graduated to the drum set at age 8. Inspired by rock/metal drummers such as Tommy Lee, Neil Pert, Lars Ulrich, Dave Lombardo, Nick Menza, and Tim Alexander.
Danny continued to search, listen and Learn.
With a growing passion for music and a desire to learn, Danny took on drum lessons and studied styles ranging from rock and funk to Latin and jazz. Danny quickly evolved into a serious player after years of discipline and instruction. Around this time Danny discovered more serious and less commercial drummers such as Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, Terry Bozzio, Dennis Chambers, Steve Gadd and Bill Bruford.
At this same time Danny was listening to Punk, Hardcore and various forms of Heavy Metal. Having a mutual respect for both raw and more academic forms of music.
Danny first earned respect as a drummer playing in bands throughout Southern California’s Ventura County. He played with UPHILL BATTLE, a hardcore/grind band, for more than five years. They toured North America, Canada and released three albums. He also played with THORNLORD, a death metal group for a few years. They toured sporadically and recorded several demos before gradually dismantling.
In 2002, Danny joined avant-garde death rock band CINEMA STRANGE and played with them for four years. The band toured broadly through North America, Europe, Japan and Mexico and they released two records.
Simultaneously, Danny frequently filled in as drummer for death metal group EXHUMED while they toured the North America, Canada, Europe, Japan, and Australia supporting their "Anatomy Is Destiny" record.
After relocating to Los Angeles in 2005, Danny parted ways with main group UPHILL BATTLE to pursue progressive metal group INTRONAUT. The group’s sound is a fresh direction for Danny and an excellent demonstration of his versatility as a player. With this he has focused on groove and dabbled in odd meters and polyrhythms, focusing on power rather than speed. INTRONAUT has toured extensively in North America, Canada, Europe and India. They also have released three albums and two EP's.
While keeping INTRONAUT a top priority, Danny teamed up with Orange County's grindcore group PHOBIA and has toured with the group throughout North America and Mexico. He also appeared on two full-length records and two split albums.
In March of 2007 Danny
teamed up with Justin K Broadrick (ex-GODFLESH, NAPALM DEATH, HEAD OF
DAVID) and UK based group JESU for their debut North American appearance. Danny temporarily filled in for drummer Ted Parsons (ex-PRONG, SWANS, GODFLESH.) During this tour, JESU also made their South by Southwest debut as part of a Hydra Head records showcase.
At the end of 2008 Danny temporarily joined progressive hardcore group BASTARD NOISE featuring bassist extraordinaire Eric Wood (ex- MAN IS THE BASTARD, NEANDERTHAL.) In the beginning of 2009 Danny completed a two-week tour of Japan with the group and performed on the album “The Red List.”
During this time frame Danny also worked with avant-garde psychedelic metal group BAD ACID TRIP and performed on the group’s “Humanly Possible” album.
In 2008 Danny teamed up with long time collaborator and friend Leon Del Muerte (ex -IMPALED, EXHUMED) to put together death/grind group MURDER CONSTRUCT, featuring members of (EXHUMED, IMPALED, CATTLE DECAPITATION, PHOBIA, UPHILL BATTLE, BAD ACID TRIP, WATCH ME BURN.) The California based group signed to Relapse Records and released an EP in 2010.
In the later part of 2010, Danny re-joined forces with death metal group EXHUMED to collaborate on a new record entitled “All, Guts, No Glory”. After the group’s long hiatus, a carefully crafted line up was assembled and Danny fulfilled drum duties live and studio.
- 1998: Vox-Ab-Nihil -Demo CS
- 1998: Destroy Babylon -Demo CS
- 1998: Army Of Parasites -Demo CS
- 1999: Uphill Battle -Demo CS
- 2001: Uphill Battle/Quest For Quintanna Roo 7" Lo-pan Records
- 2001: Uphill Battle/Anubis Rising CD Loudnet.com Records
- 2002: Uphill Battle -Uphill Battle CD Relapse Records
- 2003: Uphill Battle -Ripped Off Face (Re-collection Relapse Video
- Collection) DVD Relapse Records
- 2004: Cinema Strange -A Cinema Strange - 10th Anniversary Novelty Product CD Trisol Records
- 2004: Cinema Strange -Nightfalls (Pagan Love Songs Antitainment Compilation) CD
- 2004: Uphill Battle -Wreck Of Nerves (Contaminated VI Compilation) CD Relapse Records
- 2004: Uphill Battle -Wreck Of Nerves CD Relapse Records, Ritual Records(Japan)
- 2005: Uphill Battle -Blurred (1999-2004) CD Relapse Records
- 2006: Cinema Strange -Quatorze Exemples Authentiques Du Triomphe De La Musique Decorative CD Trisol Records
- 2006: Uphill Battle -Writing In the Dark (Ugly Music For Ugly People
- Compilation) CD Relapse Records
- 2006: Intronaut -Null CD Goodfellow Records(Canada/US)
- 2006: Phobia -Cruel CD Willowtip Records, LP Deep Six Records
- 2006: Intronaut -Void CD Goodfellow Records(Canada/US), Lifeforce
- 2007: Thornlord -Dust To Dust CD Cold Sea Records
- 2007: Intronaut -The Challenger CD Translation Loss Records
- 2008: Intronaut -Prehistoricisms CD/LP Century Media Records(US ) CD Eyes Of Sound Records(Europe)
- 2008: Phobia -22 Random Acts Of violence CD Willowtip Records, LP Deep Six Records
- 2010: Phobia/Gadget CD Haunted Hotel Records
- 2010: Bastard Noise/The Endless Blockade -The Red List CD Deep Six Records, LP 20 Buck Spin Records
- 2010: Bastard Noise -Atmoskull (Live In Osaka) CD
- 2010: Phobia/Extinction Of Mankind -Fearing the Dissolve of Humanity CD/LP Agipunk Records
- 2010: Intronaut -Valley Of Smoke CD/LP Century Media Records
- 2010: Murder Construct -Murder Construct CD/LP Relapse Records
- 2011: Exhumed -All Guts, No Glory CD/LP Relapse Records
- 2011: Bad Acid Trip -Humanly Possible CD Serjikal Strike Records
- 2011: Nutra - Soft World CD
Snare - Texture Coated w/Power Dot
Toms - Clear Response 2 on top, Classic Clears on the bottom
Bass Drum - Superkick II batter, Regulator resonant side
|"Valley Of The Smoke" Intronaut|