Dave Johnstone

Band: Independent

"Aquarian Drumheads make my drums sound their absolute best. They allow for a full range of dynamics and have an amazing tone. In addition to all of the great products, I love that Aquarian is constantly innovating with new and useful ideas. Their passion for drums and drummers is clear. I know that I can expect consistent high quality from Aquarian, no matter what!"

Bio

Dave Johnstone grew up in St. Louis, MO, where he began playing local jazz gigs at age 15.  After high school Dave attended Berklee College of Music in Boston. Since moving to Los Angeles in 2000, he has worked with a wide range of artists, including Liza Minnelli, The Dan Band, Aubrey Logan, Eden Espinosa, Cortes Alexander, Allison Janney, The Pussycat Dolls, Lily Tomlin, Mike Schmid, and The Running Jumps among many others.  Dave has been seen performing on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Last Call with Carson Daly, Ellen, and NBC’s Last Comic Standing.  He has played on many albums and film/television scores, including the score for the Oscar-winning film “Juno”, and “Dig” on USA Network.  Dave is the drummer for the award-winning vocal jazz department at Mt. San Antonio College, with whom he had the honor of performing at the 2013 Monterey Jazz Festival, and also received a Downbeat Magazine award for their 2015 album, “Nothing But Static.”

Dave proudly endorses Mayer Bros. Drums, Aquarian Drumheads, & Canopus Accessories.

Drumheads Preferences

Snare Batter:

Single Ply Texture Coated

Snare Resonant:

Classic Clear Snare Bottom

Tom Batter

Single Ply Texture Coated

Tom Resonant

Classic Clear

Kick Drum Batter

Superkick I

Kick Drum Resonant