Troy Patrick Farrell

Band: White Lion

"I’ve played all of the heads out there, and eventually I found their weaknesses. With Aquarian,
I play big drums (and a 28” kick), and have finally found the drum head that will give me that big sound. In
the years of playing Aquarian, trying out various heads on various drums, I have yet to find a weakness.
The Hi-Impact and Hi-Velocity snare drums heads are like no other. On top of that, the staff are as resilient
as the heads they produce often helping touring drummers in their time of need. Chris Brady and James Harris
are A-1.
When the sound guys ask what drum heads I’m using on my kits, I just simply point to the Aquarian logo on the kick drum."

Bio

TROY PATRICK FARRELL is a current and active member of the band WHITE LION and has been founding member/singer MIKE TRAMP’s drummer since 2001. When White Lion is on hiatus, Troy does freelance studio sessions, videos, as well as live shows as one of Los Angeles’ top “Go To” drummers.
In 2012, Troy has already done shows with GILBY CLARKE (Guns N Roses), BULLETBOYS, VENREZ, LOGAN’S HEROES and 3 Album Sessions with independent artists. Tours are on the books for the USA, A Rock/Metal Cruise, and tours in Europe/UK and South America.

Troy was featured on a segment “STUMP THE TRUNK” for VH1 CLASSIC Metal/Rock Show “THAT METAL SHOW”, who are in their 10th season. (Aired Aug 2012) FARRELL has done 14 National tours and 6 International Tours. This includes full North American runs both including Canada and Mexico. International tours include territories such as Indonesia, India, Europe, South America, Japan, Australia and Scandinavia.

FARRELL HAS ALSO PLAYED WITH: WHITE LION *Current Member
CC DEVILLE (POISON/SAMANTHA 7)
MICK SWEDA (BULLETBOYS)
BULLETBOYS JANI LANE (WARRANT) GILBY CLARKE (GUNS N ROSES/ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA) *Current Member DIZZY REED (GUNS N ROSES) ALEX GROSSI (QUIET RIOT) and many more.

In addition to recording White Lion’s live album “Rockin’ in the USA” (2005), White Lion Live: Extended Versions (2008), “Return of the Pride” (2008), Farrell has also recorded 4 contributions for VERSAILLES RECORDS adding to their collection of all star tributes to multi platinum acts and was part of the only full concert release of the 2005 BANG YOUR HEAD FESTIVAL with White Lion (released 2008).

TROY IS FULLY ENDORSED BY:
ROCKETT DRUM WORKS (RIKKI ROCKETT / POISON)
SABIAN CYMBALS
VATER PERCUSSION
AQUARIAN DRUM HEADS

Drumheads Preferences

Snare Batter:

Black Hi-Velocity

Snare Resonant:

Classic Clear Snare Bottom

Tom Batter

Black Texture Coated Response 2

Tom Resonant

Classic Clear

Kick Drum Batter

Superkick II

Kick Drum Resonant

Regulator Small Hole

Discography

• WHITE LION-Rockin’ the USA (LIVE)
  • WHITE LION-Extended Versions Live
  • WHITE LION-Return of the Pride
  • WHITE LION-Bang Your Head Festival (LIVE DVD)
  • VARIOUS ARTISTS- JUST LIKE PARADISE from “Just Like Paradise-A MILLENNIUM TRIBUTE TO DAVID LEE ROTH”
  • VARIOUS ARTISTS- ROCKET QUEEN from “It’s So Easy-A MILLENNIUM TRIBUTE TO GUNS N ROSES”
  • VARIOUS ARTISTS- THAT TIME OF YEAR from “Kiss My Ankh-A TRIBUTE TO VINNIE VINCENT”
  • VARIOUS ARTISTS- DANCING WITH DANGER from “Return of the Comet-A TRIBUTE TO ACE FREHLEY”
  • VARIOUS ARTISTS- BLACK DIAMOND from “Lick it Up-A MILLENNIUM TRIBUTE TO KISS”
  • dragon-self titled
  • dragon-PRENATAL

Artist Feed

Go top